Friday, June 19, 2015

Day 2 Roswell to Albuquerque

Man O Man...I believe I am grateful to have finally gotten somewhat smart and realistic about riding. Gone are the days of old when I would throw caution to the wind..hop on whatever bike I grabbed out of the garage (had 5 in garage at one time)..and just go! Nope. Didn't even file a flight plan..just went...no cell phones..just me and the wind and the road. Yup..those days are gone.

Now, I have an itineray, hotels planned, multiple electronic gadgets, a communication system which includes music synced with my phone through my downloaded music. SWEET.

Lizzy is my navigator and chief of all things communication on  the Spyder. After loading up the bike, she was in charge of making sure we had music.  She did a great job and we had tunes all day.

There was a whole lot of nothing to see along the way to Clines Corner, NM.....we did see Antelope and a flock of Turkey Vultures eating and swooping around something dead in a field.

Cline Corner was a welcomed spot in the middle of nowhere and we took a long time eating and resting before tackling the last 6 miles into Albuquerque.


Lots of construction at our exit...grrr.... so the one we needed wasn't availabe. I took one that sounds right..but going in the opposite direction..I thought. I don't know how we did it..but we went the right way after all. When I Saw The Road We needed...I stuck the nose of Spyder into it and we arrived at hotel safe and sound. Thank you, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment