Thursday, July 28, 2011

the wonderous Na Pali...

It occurred to me while sitting on the breathable tarp that stretches across the front of the Catamaran I've boarded that this spot..the very spot my butt occupies is one of my favorite places to sit in the entire world that I know...or have experienced. To sit with my body facing into the wind and seeing each wave tumble toward the Cat is a feeling I love...the salt spray, the sun playng peek-a-boo through the clouds always brings out the adrenaline rush! HA!  you thought I was going to say something sweet.  Nope!  I'm a thrill junkey at ehart.  I know the closer we get to the magnificient Na pali cliffs, the waves will get bigger..the drops into the troughs will get deeper and the crashing over the Cat will be...SPECTACULAR!

We left shore at 8am for 5-1/2 hours on one of three Capt. Andy's Catamarans. This is my 6th trip with Andy's boats and I never get tired of it. Patti, Jav and kids are making their first voyage.



The Spinner Dolphins put on a dancing show:  They spun out of the water, chased the boat and played along side the pontoons. They thrilled Solea and Carica with their friendly and seemingly approachable antics.



We passed the pods of dolphins and the waves got bigger, the troughs deeper, the big cat slowed down and into the trough we fell.  The first wave caught Caricia and I a little off-guard. She, being only 100 pounds was pushed almost off the tarp to the galley wall!  I...being just a tad over 100 pounds stayed right where the wave found us! We dubbed ourselves "The Adventure Girls" and assumed the prone position hanging on to the tarp bindings with our heads level with the tarp.  Wave after wave came and we squealed with delight as the boat soared up and into the waves.

The "Adventure Girls" Aunt Pat and Caricia braving the Na Pali Coast waves!



No comments:

Post a Comment