Wednesday, September 18, 2019

...finding Gibbs August 2018


After I returned from Italy and after John's memorial service, Tyler and I had to put Marley down.  He was suffering from a brain lesion.  He had, very quickly, gone downhill and letting him go across the Rainbow Bridge was hard; but necessary.  I grieved for him for days.  I found myself crying when I thought of him and knew that I was probably transferring my loss of John emotions onto Marley.  Oh, I cried for John, but I kept it in check.  Now, with Marley gone, I let loose with gigantic sobs that wracked my body from head to toe.  After sobbing so hard for lengths of time, my entire body was  tired and I would lie on my bed with Tucker and wonder how life got so F*d up.

Dogs have been a part of my life for as long as I can remember.  It was rare when I had just 1 dog and I wanted another Standard Poodle.  Money is always a concern and spending $2000+ on a puppy wasn't in my budget.  I decided to try to adopt.

I began trolling various Standard Poodle sights for adoptive dogs, but didn't find any that met the criteria I had in my head.  Voila!  After searching an adoption site, a link took me to a Standard Poodle adopt/re-home facebook page.  I entered my information to become a member and then entered the information about the Spoo I was looking for as well as the city area I live in.

One day later, a lady private messaged me with information about a Spoo she had to rehome.  She lived less than 10 miles from me. She sent me pictures of 2 Spoos:  1 beautiful apricot and 1 (be still my heart) a parti-color - black and white.  Gently, I asked which dog? The parti was her response.
Truth be known, I would have bee interested in the apricot as well. But, another parti would be like having Tucker twins!

My two absolutely gorgeous, always happy Spoos! Tucker on the left and newly adopted Gibbs on the right. They make my heart sing!



No comments:

Post a Comment