Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Jumble of Stuff

Welcome to the Urban Jumble of all things this & that.  I have no outline of what this blog will look like as I post, but I know it will not be political - which pains me because I love politics.  I promise to be as politically correct as I want to be and I promise any food groups we cook up will have recipes. I further promise not to poke fun of you unless you fall down and look really silly - at which point, all promises are off and I will help you up so we can both laugh.

We, the jumbled folk who we are, aren't very interesting and we think we lead pretty boring lives. But, tucked beneath the boring exterior are really gypsey souls at heart.  My son told me the other day, after I asked him if I was "wigging out of my relality" because I was rediscovering Seattle Grunge music, that, "Yes, mom; you are "wigging out." What does that mean? And, where are those parameters of being with wig and those making you without?  What he said was simple: "Mom, when I take the time to look at something I've never seen with open eyes, or listen to something with different ears, then I get to expand my experiences and my reality or point of view - changes." How did he get so wise? Points to ponder, indeed.

OK...enough pondering. I think and I know this to be true:  if I am willing to take a step forward and stand perfectly still - clear my mind of the agenda of what I THINK I know about something - if I stand there and bare my reality to the absolute of zero - void of stereo-types, void of what others think I should think or do - then I am completely open for the possibilities of .... whatever the universe would have me learn.  If that is "wigging out" then....let me stand perfectly still, throw out my arms, take a deep breath and .... learn.

Aw heck, we are all Cylon, anyway.  #6 told me that!

No comments:

Post a Comment